Friday 6 February 2015

Benson Legion for the World's Strongest

I have been marking up tablecloths with grids for the World's Strongest tournament at Benson, tomorrow, and thought I'd lay out my new Roman army on them.  All the photos are clickable.


Above is the army; a mere 11 units, with 3 generals and 2 heroes (all I could fit into 120 points). On the left is the small cavalry wing with heroic general Maximus (no not that one!) and hero Longinus:


Next are two veteran cohorts painted by David Imrie, with another hero, Julianus, and a screen of Eastern archers.


The core of the force is three cohorts of legionaries, led by Tribune Marcus Flavius Aquila, and screened by slingers.


And last, but not least, two cohorts of auxiliaries; the prettiest units of the whole force, IMHO.


I'm very glad I laid these out; I've just realised that I've forgotten to get the C in C out of storage! Now I must dash, I need to grid-up two more cloths, sort out a couple more armies, boards and terrain and load the car for a dawn dash westwards.

No comments: