Thursday 22 May 2014

Pontoon bridge part 2


My bridge is coming on apace; it's just over 1 metre long. Last night I built the approach ramps from balsa, foam board and the inevitable coffee stirrers. The only work remaining is to build the supports that sit in the pontoons and prop up the roadway, and I can't do those until I've built the river, or I might get the bridge's level wrong. I also need to add the 4Ground balustrades and paint, of course.  In the background I'm building a section of the raised Via Postumia.

The 1st Bedriacum (Cremona) game will be fought at Partizan on 1st June, and I still have a couple of places left if you would like to play; drop me an email at the address on the front of my blog. I'll also be running a somewhat larger version of the same game, along with several other big Roman battles, at the Wargames Holiday Centre on the weekend of 28th/29th June, at which I believe there are some spaces left.

No comments: