Wednesday 5 February 2014

Bagging a Munro

A Munro is a mountain in Scotland that is at least 3,000 foot high; there are, apparently, 282 of them and more than 4,000 people have climbed the lot!

I decided that I need a smaller mountain for my own table, as it is likely that my Late Roman Field army will be campaigning north of the Wall.  This is a WIP shot of my own Monro (background), which is a lofty 5" tall, and build from some old model railway latex mountain pieces scavenged from the loft.  I have stuck them on top of an old polystyrene hill, and joined them together with grout and faith.  


I am also customizing a Javis ridge (foreground) that I bought cheaply on eBay, and some GW hills (not shown).  The 28mm figures are there to give an idea of scale.  We'll see how they come out after painting...

No comments: