Monday 2 September 2013

A few shots of Partizan...

Yesterday I took my Thapsus game to Partizan.  I had a great time, but not nearly enough spare time to get around all the games.  Below are a few that were near to our table.  Tomorrow, I'll post some shots of our game.


The Bunker's Operation Thunderball (Entebbe raid) game was stunning.  Those aircraft were even bigger than they look here!  There was some lovely craftsmanship in this game.


Below, the Ugandan airforce.


And finally, the terminal building.


I'd love to play this scenario, someday, to see if the rules mechanics are as good as the modelling!

Next, we have David Imrie's Roman game based on "The Eagle of the Ninth", I think.  The minis are terrain were painted to an exceptional standard.


The fort, below, is one of Touching Histories; I have its twin.


And finally a War of the Spanish Succession game that Goat Major and LT from WD3 were running.  Lovely minis...


...and the Belgian town was to die for.  But what's that in the main street?  ;-)


The venue seemed very busy, and the event well run.  It was an enjoyable day and I ran into quite a few people I know, largely from previous trips to Kelham.  Partizan remains quite my favourite show!

12 comments:

Grigork said...

Nice pictures. Your game was great. I loved the fact that Scipio's forces were in tunics of various clours and Caesars forces were in mail. Just like the Successor game all the figures looked nicely painted.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Grigork!

I will make it clearer at Colours that I am seeking victims (er, participants). I did approach a few people yesterday but most were too busy.

If you are coming to Colours and fancy a game, you'd be most welcome!

Cheers, Simon

John Lambshead said...

I spot a police box.

Silver Whistle said...

Great looking games.
Thanks for sharing,
Pat.

GaryA said...

It's crackers. There were apparently several 'linked' bloggers there yesterday, but little contact between them. Need to get GI James onto this! ;O)

I thought your game was an eye catcher, but didn't realise you were on the lookout for victims. Even I would have stopped talking to have a go.

:O)

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Gary, I think, for the next outing, I'll try to pre-book participants before the show, for each game. The rules are specifically designed for shows and very easy to pick up...

Moiterei_1984 said...

Lovely pictures! I'm always green with envy seeing you brits having such great (and first & foremost a lot of) conventions over there.

DeanM said...

Wow! Entebbe Raid - love it! Awesome looking C-130's. Best, Dean

Dalauppror said...

Nice pictures of some grate looking games !

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps! We are indeed blessed, Moiterei...

Tarty said...

Yes some great looking games.....amazing.

Curt said...

Wow, beautiful games - thanks for posting the pics. That Entebbe scenario looks off the hook.