Friday 2 August 2013

Hi-definition Romans


I'd noticed that the quality of my painting had been suffering, particularly when I didn't wear my specs, but even when wearing the glasses I have been using (an old prescription).  Today I have taken delivery of a new pair of bifocals, with a focal length of around 12" that is perfect for painting, and a long distance prescription that will help me focus on my other favourite hobby, watching the box! They are glare free which should also help whilst painting under my lamp, and lightweight.

When I just looked at these minis, painted by Andres of Einar Olafson, I could see detail I've never noticed before!  :-)   On the downside, my painting rate will slow right down...  :-(

9 comments:

roma912 said...

You can really see the difference :)

Cheers,
Ross

Paul´s Bods said...

Same here. I refused to accept ma eyes were buggering up until the Point was reached wherby my arms weren´t Long enough to read normal printed pages. Still don´t use glasses for painting though..but ssshh, don´t tell SWMBO

Paul´s Bods said...

Dam..I missed the gag...I should have written.."what figures?"

Rodger said...

The painting might slow down a bit but I bet you will enjoy it more! I did!

BigRedBat said...

I've been giving them a test run tonight; they are really great.

Romans, of course...

DeanM said...

I started wearing reading glasses for painting several years ago - and can't see close up without them now. Beautifully painted shields, BTW. Best, Dean

The Kiwi said...

We are not getting any younger are we.
Cheers

BigRedBat said...

Not getting younger, no...

Hi Dean, am trying to persuade Andres to paint me another 10 of the shields. I could never do anything like those...

BigLee said...

Augmented vision is a sign of maturity!