Sunday 6 November 2011

Hello Sailors

21 more ex-marines for Legio Adiutrix I; roughly blocked in.  I've picked a different shade of blue, and carried out a few head swaps, to bring in a little variety.


Painting an 80-man legion from scratch, is a fair old job. When this batch is finished, mid week, I'll have 61 minis ready, and will be slightly more than half way to final completion of the unit, when one factors in shields, basing and "snagging".  I really do like this BTD pose, rather nicely sculpted (by Woody now of GB, IIRC).

5 comments:

Willie Anderson said...

looking good!

Rodger said...

Very nice so far.

Galpy said...

man you've been busy actually i think you are a bit like me always painting
what a great life we lead so much for with so many small plastic and metal people, love what you're doing keep up the great work

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps; yes Galpy, I do love my painting. And collecting, as does Willie!

Cheers, Simon

BigRedBat said...

I just finished painting this batch; after varnishing tomorrow, I'm going to bounce straight into the final 19.