Sunday 28 February 2010

BigRedBat's War Cabinet

One of the younger scions of the BigRedBat clan has laid claim to the room where I've traditionally stored my legions.  Accordingly, as part of a negotiated withdrawl, it was agreed that I could put a storage cabinet in another room.  I found a fantastic one at Ikea; the Bergsbo.  My son and I assembled it today, and this afternoon my troops marched to their new home with banners flying and flautists piping.

What excites me about the Bergsbo cabinet is that has the perfect dimensions to take an unfeasibly large number of the "Really Useful Boxes" in which I store all my minis., with almost no wasted space.  It is deep, and all the shelves are adjustable.   In (and above) the cabinet are no less than 68 storage boxes, of various sizes, containing roughly 3000 28mm miniatures and almost all my terrain.

Another benefit of the new cabinet is that it is now a lot easier to access the miniatures I need for a particular game, and I can see the labels on the end of the boxes.  Oh happy day!

12 comments:

Hetairoi said...

Ooooh...

8-o

BigLee said...

That’s...frighteningly organised. In truth I'm envious. My stuff is is boxes of various sizes all round the house. Now and again I have a 'tidy up' to placate the good wife but its a lost cause... until the kids leave home. Then I get a spare room!

BigRedBat said...

Hi BigLee, will the kids ever leave home, what with the credit crunch and all? May have some time to wait for that spare room!

Consul said...

What became of the legion's original home?!

I'm eventually going to need some of those boxes. I've worked out my display cabinet (3 shelves) only holds about 2500 WAB points of troops so that means my completed Macedonians and Romans will fill it all (and more!)

Productive Sundays are my favourite kind of Sundays! Nice team work. I've just helped my Dad with the food shopping and I'm 20! I may never completely leave home...

Consul.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Consul, my middle son is taking the room formerly known as the "computer room"; in theory today, but the move is looking like a big job.

Secundus said...

very nice.

Peeler said...

Nice. Now where's that Ikea book... :-)

DeanM said...

Wow; that is nice and the amazing thing is the storage boxes fit in there perfectly. I'm sure you pre-measured this before buying the cabinet - looks great. Dean

BigRedBat said...

Hi Dean, yes I took a couple of boxes along to the store, and tried all the bookcases and cupboards until I found the one that worked!

Adelaide Gamer said...

I know what i want for xmas! And BigLee, don't get too excited and throw out those boxes, the little buggers keep on coming back these days it seems lol.

Shaun said...

Hi,

which of the really useful boxes are they?

A4? or A3?

Ikea i have notice no longer do the wooden three drawer units... :(

same price for a 2 drawer? i dont think so sonny jim!!!!

cheers Shaun

BigRedBat said...

Shaun; all sizes! But mostly A4 4L and 7L, with some A3 7L, and some big 18L boxes.