Friday 15 January 2010

Brute Squad

In parallel with yesterday's Dead Nellies, I'm making a start on the 48 Bruttians Gloarmy Greg painted for me before Xmas.  You may recall from earlier posts, that these southern Italians form part of the Carthaginian 3rd line at Zama.



Greg has done a fine job with these.  They just need the odd highlight, spears, shields, varnishing and basing.  I've pre-painted the spears and shields so I reckon they represent around 2-3 weeks work.

The minis are a mixture of Crusader Oscans and Aventine Etruscans.  The Aventines are somewhat larger, but I think they'll work together.

10 comments:

EinarOlafson said...

You´re working hard. When is the event?

Andrey said...

Excellent soldiers! Very interestingly!

BigRedBat said...

Hi chaps; event is the SOA Battle day at Bletchley, in April, and Salute 2010 the following week.

I saw your phalanx Andrey, very nice.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

These are excellent. I wonder if the Carthaginians call them Extraordinarii like the Romans did?

Grégory Privat said...

I tried to highlight them more than I usually do. Seems it wasn t enough again !

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Just a note, the right-most file, 5th rank. The soldier has gone partially AWOL. At least his head isn't in the game!

BigRedBat said...

Hi Greg, just a few light touches... honest... feathers and plumes, mostly. And some highlights on the bronze armour to make it "zing"... they are very nice.

AJ, the head is now back in place and I've fitted half the spears.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Miracle Max: Go away or I'll call the Brute Squad.
Fezzik: I'm on the Brute Squad.
Miracle Max: [sees Fezzik] You *are* the Brute Squad!

BigRedBat said...

Allan; I have one thing to say to you; never get involved in a land war in Asia!

The Extraordinarii said...

Wow lol these are really nice, your like a machine, churn them out, churn them out... great stuff.