Thursday 5 November 2009

... and here are some that I prepared earlier.



The 30 Numidians I'm working on at the moment are taking forever to paint, so in the meanwhile I thought I'd show the wing of 36 Numidian cavalry I painted last year (the pic is clickable).  These are just painted to a good tabletop standard; I'm more concerned with getting an impression of mass, than a perfect paint job.


The closeup above shows the 12cm wide base I've adopted for light cavalry, so that I can get a better impression of movement.  The idea is that the riders are coming forward on the right, presenting their shielded side to the enemy and then turning away on the left.

The figures are a mix of Foundry, Crusader and A&A.  Just after I finished them last year, I dropped a box of 30 on the stairs; I was rather cross!  I managed to get them looking OK, again, in the end.

2 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Your taller grass clumps look great. I like these figures a lot too!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Allan. The tall grass clumps are human hair, dyed green and laboriously cut into shape, stuck and trimmed. A ghastly job!

These days I use Silflor, but I'll have to use the old method to match the long grass on the new bases. :-(