Thursday 23 April 2009

17th Caesarian Cohort


This is my 17th Caesarian Cohort. I bought 20 of the figures on Ebay from "Pool of Paint" who also kindly supplied the transfers I needed to finish the unit, and painted 7 more myself, to match. I'm really pleased with the overall effect; these are my first Caesarians to have shield transfers.

Because they have unfeasibly expensive imported blue paint on their shields, I shall consider them to be one of the Praetorian Cohorts that served in the Civil War that occured after the death of Caesar.

5 comments:

Keir said...

Sweet. Really like the jobs on the faces. Beautiful, if that's allowed to be said!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks very much; most of credit can go to Pool of Paint. I try to paint "stubble" on around half the faces I do. PoP does this too, and paints plue eyes; I tend to go for a simple white dot, on a dark background.

Secundus said...

Nice work. They will look great amongst your other cohorts, or guarding an important commander.

BigRedBat said...

Thank Secundus; yes, now I really need to do an Octavian, Mark Antony or perhaps Crassus.

I've bought 3 or 4 more Cohorts on eBay, that all need finishing...

Andrew said...

These are nice! I've had my eye on Copplestone's Caesarians for a while (among many, many other minis). Just last night I was struck with the urge to buy some. I checked eBay, but there are no deals to be had there yet.

I like the shield blazons - from the reliefs on Arc' d'Orange. Very appropriate to the time.