Tuesday 10 February 2009

It Didn't Snow, Storm or Flood Today...

...for the first time in what seems like a month! So naturally I dashed out for an orgy of spray varnishing and priming.

I did very nearly "varnish" Greg's gladiators with a can of Halfords Grey Primer, which would have been doubly unfortunate after Greg's recent Conquistador White Varnish Disaster (at glorarmy, some way down). Happily, I am in the habit of trying every spray out on the corner of the mat, and caught myself just in time...

So tomorrow I will be able to press on with some basing... they are looking very fine!

7 comments:

Grégory Privat said...

ouch ! oh and the link is not working )

BigRedBat said...

Hi Greg, I couldn't insert a link, so I have taken it out. How do you do that?

Grégory Privat said...

highlight the word and clic the chain icon... is it clear ? you can di it with a picture too.

Oh and a post with no pictures is a bad post (Chien sauvage's rule)

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Greg, I'll try that.

Is a bad post better than no post? I've not had anything new and worthy of a photo until today- maybe some photos, later.

Grégory Privat said...

you can just use the posts with no pictures as a way to tell about an older project. like "and since a post without a picture is a bad post, here is a picture of the red bat I did several years ago : "

ZeroTwentythree said...

Ha! I'm on the opposite side of the pond and have had the same problem.

The temp went from 16F to 60F in two days, then back below freezing again two days later. One day we had two feet of snow, the next day it was gone and the winds were blowing down trees. :/

I didn't get any varnishing done, but I used a full can of spray primer during those two days of warmth.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Zero23,

Yes it is so tricky at this time of year! I'm hoping for a priming/varnishing window later today...

Simon