Friday 27 February 2009

Celtic Reinforcements!

Attracted by reports of plunder, two more celtic tribes have migrated into Northern Italy.


I have decided to imaginatevely name them "Warband 9" and "Warband 10". They differ from their Warband 1-8 relatives in 3 ways; they are more widely spaced on the bases (20mm frontage rather than 15mm), they have smaller shields and are mostly armed with javelins. This is because I intend to use them as "Auxilia" in C&C terms, rather than Warband per se; they are faster moving, happier in bad terrain, but lack the deadly charge of their fiercer neighbours. I hope to eventually have 4 units of these.


These were more than ably painted by my mate Nick S, who did a very fine job on the plaid and shields. I based; you may notice I'm starting to use the Silflor tufts alongside the clumps I make, myself.

3 comments:

Secundus said...

Very nice, I like the fact you've got different troop types within your Warbands. Your army will soon be large enough to relieve Vercingetorix!

BigRedBat said...

Hi, it is getting to be a good size; I'm not planning to add too many more units, now (aside from the laager and eventually some light chariots). And some druids... and...

Matt said...

They look splendid! I like the dispersed formation as it gives them a very dynamic look. The simple but effective woven patterns are excellent too. Good work, keep at it.

Cheers

Matt